Dr. Jonathan Eggerichs is a clinical psychologist who practices in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Dr. Eggerichs trained at George Fox University, where he received his Doctorate of Psychology (PsyD). Dr. Eggerichs then went on to serve as a clinical psychologist for four years while an active duty Lieutenant in the United States Navy, completing his doctoral internship at Naval Medical Center San Diego. Following this, he completed post-doctoral work at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, IL where he specialized in psychological assessment and evaluation, as well as providing trainings in suicide awareness and prevention. He currently is licensed in the state of Michigan.
Dr. Eggerichs specializes in individual and marital counseling, including current and former members of the military, striving to help individuals and marriages persist through difficult times to find their full potential.
In working with individuals, Dr. Eggerichs can assist you with depression, anxiety, relationship issues, feeling stuck, dealing with loss and grief, trauma and the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and other issues. An initial interview, which can often occur via the phone, will help determine if you and Dr. Eggerichs are a good fit, or if a referral to someone who specializes in your area of need is appropriate. Dr. Eggerichs also assists individuals who want to focus on growth work and who desire a life that involves more engagement and meaning.
In working with couples and marriages, Dr. Eggerichs has a unique relationship with Love and Respect Ministries Inc. and Love and Respect LLC, both of which attempt to impact marriages around the world. He is the son of Emerson Eggerichs, MDiv, PhD., President of Love and Respect Ministries, and author of the bestselling book Love and Respect. Through Dr. Eggerichs' graduate and continuing education training, along with the mentoring of Emerson Eggerichs, he is skilled in helping individuals and couples with marital issues. Related to this, Dr. Eggerichs has also completed Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level I and II and PREPARE/ENRICH facilitator training.
While the most popular form of counseling remains face to face with a counselor, Dr. Eggerichs is also highly interested in telehealth counseling, which allows remote services via streaming video or other electronic means. Currently this type of service is only provided to residents of the state of Michigan with expansion to other states possible in the future. Used on a case by case basis, please notify Dr. Eggerichs if interested, as this modality can provide flexibility and services that may have otherwise been unavailable depending on your location or needs.
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, George Fox University Graduate Department of Clinical Psychology (APA Fully Approved)
- Postdoctoral training, Recruit Evaluation Unit (REU), Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, IL
- Predoctoral Internship, Clinical Psychology, Naval Medical Center San Diego (APA Fully Approved)
- MA, Clinical Psychology, George Fox University Graduate Department of Clinical Psychology
- BA, Business Administration and Marketing, Hillsdale College
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level I and Level II
- PREPARE/ENRICH (pre-marital/marital) Trained Facilitator
- Telehealth: The New Standard - Ethical, Legal, Clinical, Technological, and Practice Considerations (Certificate)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) (Certificate)